Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Battlebox Spectacular

I managed to fit in four battlebox games tonight! Of course, I didn't take pics, since my army is all bare pewter right now anyway. Another Circle player lent me his Lord of the Feast, so for sake of clarity, this was the list I ran:


Kaya the Wildborne
- Argus (x2)
- Feral Warpwolf
Lord of the Feast



Game 1 vs. Cryx


Pirate Queen Skarre
- Slayer
Mechanithralls (max)
Bane Thralls (min)
Pistol Wraith
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor


Well, I didn't simply die. I fought hard, losing both my light beasts and killing his lone jack before Skarre (camping eleven focus!) assassinated me with some ranged crazy awesome spell. 


Moment of GloryI got to throw the Slayer into a pile of Bane Thralls, killing Orin Midwinter in the process.


Moment of Shame: Losing the Lord of the Feast to a mob of Mechanithralls, after only killing four. Sigh.





Game 2 vs. Minions


Lord Carver
- Road Hog
- War Hog


I dropped the Lord of the Feast for this game. And an enjoyable game it was! I killed the War Hog, got the Road Hog down to two measly life, and had a flaming warp wolf online to attack Lord Carver next turn. The Road Hog, however, lit Kaya on fire, and rolled some crazy good damage, splattering her in a single round.


Moment of Glory: Getting two charges on the War Hog with the same Feral Warpwolf.


Moment of Shame: Failing to kill the Road Hog. I should have given the Warpwolf +2 STR instead of +2 SPD. It definitely would have made a difference!





Game 3 vs. Circle


Kromac, the Ravenous
- Pureblood Warpwolf
- Warpwolf Stalker


I killed Kromac! Wow! Kaya's feat is amazing if she's fighting in melee combat. Of course, I needed an open charge lane, 12 Fury, and another full round of attacks from an Argus to kill Kromac, so I will be the first one to admit that my opponent should have stomped me this game.





Game 4 vs. Circle


Kromac again. And this time, he stomped me. Wow. Don't get within 13 inches of that dude, ever. My only consolation is knowing that Kromac will soon be working for me.





No comments: